5) In the event of a collision or accident, the lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor of the incident. The lessee may not leave the scene before the police arrives.
6) The distance (in kilometres) that the vehicle is driven while this rental agreement is effective is determined by reading a standard odometer supplied with the car by the manufacturer. The lessee shall notify lessor, without delay if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the validity of this agreement.
7) The lessor is not responsible for disappearance or damage of property that the lessee or any other party leaves in or transports with the vehicle.
8) The lessee agrees to pay lessor upon request:
9) The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the car or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of collateral, without the prior, written consent of lessor.
10) The lessee is responsible for all parking tickets and fines for traffic violations.
11) The lessee is not permitted to use the vehicle for transportation of passengers for payment, to lend it or to sublet it.
12) The lessor undertakes to deliver the vehicle at the agreed time and to ensure that it meets the require- ments made upon it.
13) If the vehicle malfunctions, the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as pos- sible. If the damage is minor, the lessor is authorized to have repairs done on the vehicle after obtaining the lessee's consent.
14) The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of this agreement particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
15) The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee on Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall also point out danger arising from animals on the roads.
16) If the Lessor wishes to limit the use of the vehicle with regard to its equipment and/or condition, such limits shall be established in writing upon signature hereof.
17) The lessor undertakes to hold professional indemnity insurance at all times.
18) The rental charge includes statutory motor insurance, i.e. third-party liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and owners.
19) Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
20) The lessee can purchase separate accident (kasko) insurance. This rental agreement will specify the amount deductible in each instance of damage. 21) The accident (kasko) insurance does not cover:
22) The lessee may purchase special gravel (GP), theft (TP), and water damage insurance (WP) from those car rentals/auto rentals that sell such policies.
23) This Rental Agreement shall be kept in the vehicle at all times during the rental period.
24) Additions and amendments to the terms and conditions thereof shall be made in writing.
25) Icelandic law applies to agreements made on the basis of the terms cited above. This includes any claims for compensation that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damages based on liability outside the scope of this agreement. If legal disputes arises concerning this agreement, the District court of lessee's legal venue shall decide on the matter.
26) It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to this lease agreement can be submitted to the active Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.